Abbeville, Louisiana, United States
Abbeville, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Fitter / Turner
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Abbeville, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
*Applicants must apply online in order to be considered. Walk in applications are not available. We would like to thank everyone who submits an application for this position. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews/testing will be contacted.*
Embrace, lead and demonstrate "Acadian F.I.R.S.T." - Vision & Mission Statement as fundamental core values.
-Demonstrate implementation of the proactive safety processes (JSA, Time Out & TEAM BBS Observations) to achieve an incident free work place and advance our safety culture.
-Adhere to all "Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Management Systems Manual" policies, procedures, safe work & best practices guidance as well as regulatory and client site specific policies and procedures.
-Make a personal commitment and be accountability for the HSE results, driving towards achievement of HSE goals. Support your team members by coaching, mentoring others to achieve the desired results.
-Accept and improve when coached and mentored to improve on HSE processes demonstrating ownership of the results of process implementation.
- Aligns parts, using jack, turnbuckles, wedges, drift pins, pry bars and hammer.
- Marks refrence points onto floor or face block and transposes them to workpiece using measuring devices, squares, chalk and soapstone.
- Gives directions to welder to build up low spots or short pieces with weld.
- Straightens warped or bent parts using sledge, hand torch, straightening press or bulldozer.
- Removes high spots and cuts bevels using hand files, portable grinders and cutting torch.
- Examines blueprints and plans sequence of operation, applying knowledge of geometry, effects of heat, weld shrinkage, machining and metal thickness.
- Assembles and secure pipes, tubes, fittings and related equipment according to specifications by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering and threading joints.
- Puts all information on the pipe before cutting and transfer all item numbers onto cut sheet and carry over item numbers to drop pipe.
- Inspects, examines and tests installed systems and pipe lines using pressure gauges, hydrostatic testing, observation or other methods.
- Plans pipe system layout, installation or repair according to specifications.
- Reads and understands blue prints and ISO's.
- Fabricate and repair Equipment or Piping by cutting, burning, and welding various metals.
- Clean and prepares surfaces to be welded, set up, assemble, parts together
- Use burning equipment to dismantle assemblies and to cut material to desired size and shape
- Complete JSA's and Hot Work permits for cutting and welding as needed
- Attention and care is required to prevent injury to others when performing maintenance work
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly
- Operate equipment safely and use safe work habits
Must have 2 years MINIMUM experience offshore construction
Must be able to pass both a hands-on and written test
In order to do the job, the following physical requirements are necessary:
Ability to stand for long periods of time
Ability to occasionally pull, push, carry, or lift tools, equipment or materials 50 lbs. or less
Ability to withstand occasional bending, squatting, or crouching
Ability to frequently handle (hold, seize, grasp, turn, etc.) tools, equipment, or material
Ability to work in inclement weather conditions, to include cold, heat, and humidity
May operate hand and power tools (electric, gas, and pneumatic) of all types
Climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds