Skills: Engineering Manager
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Odessa, Texas, United States
Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 75 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 17,000 team members and 380 operating locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
This is the intermediate level job for Product Line Champions. These are non-managerial roles. These people are experts in a technology or service and play a role in bring that tool or service to market. They lead or assist in the development of SOPs and work Instructions. They train new employees, they operationalize the equipment or service, often supervising first or early deployments. Usually used for a single technology or service in a country or general area. Supports and facilitates the product line or product lines business plan within the region in accordance with Company policy, governmental legislation, and quality service goals, through the effective and efficient use of its financial, capital, and human resources.
- Responsible for development and implementation of the product line to the region, assessing the market, assisting with training, and offering assistance with product strategy and plan.
- Facilitates region and product line initiatives directly or indirectly with personnel in the region with product line responsibility.
- Provide information and input for the formulation of long- and short-range sales objectives and plans for the market and business regions served.
- Interview clients at length to discover their goals and become familiar with their requests in order to promote features and new products.
- Support local district managers and product line management for equipment and supply needs and the maintenance of appropriate levels of inventory.
- Interface with product line management on pricing strategies and target manufacturing costs for existing and new products.
- Interface with Weatherford's product line management and design engineering groups on RFQ's that may require product development or require significant technical content.
- Provide support and assisting in the preparation of quotations and proposals.
- Work with field sales staff to maintain a well-coordinated and vigorous sales effort to develop and maintain a preferred relationship with key customers
- Know and understand Weatherford SRO Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Minimum engineering degree plus 4-5+ years related experience (or non-degree qualified with 7-8 years
- experience) Bachelor's degree in a business related field or engineering discipline; or equivalent education/experience required
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources is preferred Skills & abilities
- Good oral and written communication skills and customer service orientation
- Intermediate computer skills including e-mail communication, and basic JDE usage
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, and work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and persuasive skills
- Ability to follow and relay detailed and complex instructions.
- Understanding of basic budgetary process and fiscal responsibility requirements is preferred