Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Portland, Maine, United States
Wood is seeking a Senior Civil Engineer, a strong technical design lead, to join our Northeast US Environment & Infrastructure Operations based in Portland, Maine. The successful candidate will have a solid technical background in civil design and will be responsible for the evaluation, specification and development of civil engineering designs on a wide variety of projects including site development, infrastructure, and environmental related projects for industrial, local, state, federal and commercial clients.
Our Portland team is made up of a multi-disciplinary science/engineering/architecture team of 150+ staff, located in one of the most livable cities in the US. Wood offers technical and innovative solutions on projects located throughout the US, while also having the structure, resources, and opportunities of a large global organization.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work on large, diverse and exciting projects across multiple sectors, and help to further grow our civil engineering business, this is the right opportunity for you. Come join a winning team !!
- Provide technical civil design expertise on a wide variety of infrastructure and environmental projects, including site development, landfills, stream restoration, soil and sediment remediation.
- Lead civil engineering design activities within multidiscipline design teams
- Prepare engineering design calculations and design reports
- Conduct independent technical reviews of civil related design and construction deliverables
- Prepare project permitting documents for local, state and federal site-related permits
- Perform construction inspection and oversight activities
- Interact with coworkers, clients, and prospective clients while conducting work in a professional and ethical manner
- Coach and mentor Junior Civil Engineers and Civil Designers
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in civil or environmental engineering, or related field; Master's degree is an asset
- Must have a minimum of 8+ years relevant civil engineering design experience, preferably on infrastructure and environmental projects
- Will be a registered Professional Civil Engineer
- Experience as design lead for civil engineering designs
- High degree of proficiency developing surface models and earthwork quantities using AutoCAD Civil3D and stormwater models using Hydro CAD
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Training is highly desired
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Must have a Driver's license, and a satisfactory driving record
- Must be eligible to work in the USA without sponsorship
- Wood employees in the US that work on Federal contracts or meet the definition of a covered contractor employee will need to provide proof of vaccination, or request accommodation by December 8
Why join our Portland Wood Team? We are a close-knit team of dedicated professionals working to find solutions for our diverse customer base! Our knowledgeable and skilled Architects and Engineers make us known in the industry and drive our recognition for delivering high quality and technical excellence. We realize this success is the result of the efforts and abilities of our people. Our Portland, Maine team takes pride in maintaining a small family-like environment, while also having the structure, resources, and opportunities of a large international organization. Our Portland office is right in the heart of Downtown Portland; a diverse and lively city with an outstanding restaurant scene and lots to do if you're an outdoor enthusiast or love the Arts - something for everyone! What is considered the hub of Wood's Northeast Region, we are looking to grow our team to support our current workload as well as advance our strategic planning towards our future vision - please consider joining us! www.woodplc.com
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.