Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 13 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Water Resources Field Technician with 1 to 3 years of experience in the central or southwest Florida area. The ideal candidate has relevant work in this industry and performed field sampling, data collection, field observation and documentation work.
Wood is routinely awarded contracts on a regional and national level for the government, commercial, industrial, transportation, water, energy, and mining sectors.
- Perform required field work for water quality and water resource projects
- Coordinate with project management leads to coordinate and complete required field efforts
- Assist with preparation of technical reports
- Work collaboratively with other departments, environmental regulators and Wood offices on project related work
- Implement and perform required quality control and quality assurance measures
- Participate in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work
Skills / Qualifications
- 1 - 3 years of experience in the related field
- Capable of obtaining field certifications
- Must have sound written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in varying environments (office, lab and field settings)
- Ability to swim
- Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency and attention to detail as well as a track record of producing quality work products
- Demonstrated experience working successfully in a team environment, whether it be remotely or locally
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required
- Ability to establish effective internal and external working relationships
- Ability to communicate clearly with clients, supervisor or project manager regarding work assignments required
- Valid Florida driver's license; and must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving
Candidate must have the ability to stoop, sit, stand, or be on their feet for extended periods of time and be able to handle standard field - testing equipment. Candidate must have the ability to work in varying environments (office, lab and field settings) and be willing to travel to remote areas for extended periods of time.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.