Skills: Production Operator, Laborer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chatham, Virginia, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently sourcing for a Rack and Mechanical Helper to join our team in Chatham, VA. You will be responsilble for i nstalling solar equipment according to layout plans, blueprints and other drawings while working with Rack & Mount Installers and Foreman. You will rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. and will work under immediate supervision .
U.S. Only: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience in basic mechanical installations
- General construction and ladder work
- Ability to lift and support heavy objects up to 50lbs. in a repetitious pace for a schedule work day
- Must have experience with all types of hand-held and power tools
- Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions
- Use effective verbal and written communication skills
- Be motivated and work safely and productively
- Understand and respond accordingly to all safety alerts, warnings, hazards
- May be required to lift and carry items weighing no more than 50 pounds
- Must possess enough strength and stamina to perform the technical duties and essential functions as identified above
- Must be able to move in and around confined spaces and uneven areas
- Must have full range of motion consistent with age
- Required to work 48 hours per week, on occasion working more OT up to 12 hours on single shift
- Must be able to climb and maintain balance on ladders
- Must be able to adequately hear and respond to voice commands, alerts, and alarms
- Solar project experience is a plus
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Works under immediate supervision
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.