Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Salary to be Discussed with Potential Candidates
Location: Preston, United Kingdom
Role Objectives: Responsible for instrument maintenance work on site, including planned, preventive and reactive activities. This is to ensure that site reliability and integrity is maintained to the required legal and company standards.
The Role: Instrument Maintenance Technician
Location: Saltend Chemicals Park, Hull
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that all Environmental, Health & Safety requirements are met during the execution of maintenance tasks.
- Report any accidents or near misses as required by our health and safety policy.
- Raise relevant work permit requests, accept and follow the permit, isolation procedure and other related safe systems of work to complete the task.
- Complete and/or contribute to risk assessments associated with all maintenance duties expected for the role.
- Complete scheduled maintenance as per the company maintenance plan to support the running of the production site.
- Identify and rectify equipment defects related to your specific trade.
- Work to company standards and procedures to ensure maintenance tasks are executed to the required quality standard, with the goal of minimising impact on production and maximising plant availability.
- Develop and review maintenance procedures to keep information accurate, complete and relevant.
- Work with project personnel and contractors in the delivery of tasks in line with trade skills.
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities with the aim of improving safety, environmental, equipment availability and efficiency performance.
- Undertake any other duties of which the responsibility, skill and experience required fall within a post holder's expected capability and commensurate with the post holder's position in the company.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.