Skills: Petrophysicist, Seismic
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Seismic Petrophysicist to join Geophysical Imaging Department.
The Geophysical Imaging Department is an organization that supports Saudi Aramco exploration and development programs through providing timely quality geophysical solutions focusing on subsurface images and quality of reservoirs and prospects. The department works in a solution-based model that integrates different geophysical disciplines like survey design, acquisition, time processing, depth imaging, near surface modelling, borehole geophysics, potential fields, rock physics and inversion. Such dynamic model works interactively with clients, interpreters, to support exploration and development programs business needs.
A Seismic Petrophysicist will have an extensive experience in formation evaluation in conventional and unconventional reservoirs, single and multi-well petrophysics and core-log integration. An experience in handling projects with large number of wells and delivering results with tight deadlines. And well versed in a wide range of petrophysical techniques and log data types such as sonic, image logs, NMR and other latest logging technology. A Seismic Petrophysicist should be eager in leading and participating in new technology.
You will be required to perform the following:
- QC elastic logs: RHOB/DT/DTSM well by well.
- Perform log conditioning/editing, splicing, depth matching.
- Estimate the missing logs.
- Calibrate elastic logs over a reference zone for consistency for seismic integration.
- Process sonic data using raw waveforms from different service companies.
- QC & Validate the petrophysical analysis (Phi/Sw) for the selected wells.
- Manage & deliver the seismic petrophysics input on time for all on-going projects.
- Conduct technical presentations to different project stakeholders.
- Peer review young professional's work before the final project delivery.
- Prepare presentations and training manuals to mentor the junior hires.
- Participate in regional and international technical societies to represent Saudi Aramco.
- Provide mentoring and technical assistance to young professionals.
- Minimum Requirements
As a successful candidate, you will have the following:
- A Bachelor Degree or higher Degree in Geophysics or Geology.
- Fifteen years of experience in Petrophysics either from a major operator or a service company is needed.
- Extensive experience in integration of logs and seismic data, seismic-well ties, fluid substitution & porosity modelling, saturation height modelling, geomechanics, rock typing and formation test data is preferred.
- Extensive experience in log predictions using different statistical techniques such as neural network, fuzzy logic, multi-linear regressions, python scripting will be a big plus.
- Experience in borehole sonic processing and should be aware of the latest sonic tools.
- English language fluency with the capability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Excellent presentation skills.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.