Company: Saudi Aramco (ASC)
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Aramco energizes the world economy. Conduct reservoir characterization studies, including Log-to-core integration, mapping, sequence stratigraphy and conceptual 3D geological modeling (Facies and reservoir properties) Contribute to field development plans through well planning using simulation ready 3D integrated model Perform well planning, including creating well targets data with reservoir and drilling engineers, generating well trajectories and loading the directional data, preparing geological prognosis (including but not limited to tops, cross sections and correlation panels) Monitor operational and geo-steering activities for all types of wells (horizontal, deviated, and vertical) in the office or offsite if needed, including monitoring, geo-steering and tracking wells, performing well evaluations while and post drilling, making well correlations, generating and/or updating maps for structural, stratigraphic and fluid limits in light of the new drilling information, and making critical decisions for wellbore adjustments, Interact with concerned geoscientists in the Reservoir Characterization Department, Reservoir Engineers, and Drilling & Workover Engineers and communicate clearly with all parties involved in drilling activities, and prepare post-drilling analysis.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Development Geologist to join Northern Area Reservoir Characterization Dept. A Development Geologist will conduct reservoir characterization on clastic and/or carbonate reservoirs and perform G&G data integration for geological 3D models. Also, provide well operation support through well planning, placement, monitoring and geo-steering with minimal supervision. Sound knowledge of Structural Geology, Petro-physics, Seismic interpretation and Reservoir engineering is expected with good understanding of depositional environment, sedimentation and Sequence stratigraphy is required.
You will be required to perform the following:
As a successful candidate, you will have the following:
• Bachelor Degree in Geology. Advanced degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 9 of experience in development geology that covers practical experience in reservoir characterization, well planning, drilling operations, coring, gridding/mapping and logging.
• A good understanding of structural geology, sedimentology, geophysics and petrophysics.
• A wide knowledge of LWD and wireline logging technologies and applications.
• A minimum of two years' experience in geo-steering (with triple combo log) and real-time operations.
• Familiarity with LWD and/or wireline borehole image interpretation.
• Familiar with rig operations and vendor logging systems.
• Experienced with applications that are used for conducting reservoir development studies and drilling operations (mapping, correlation, well planning, etc...).
• Ability to take critical decisions and solve problems.
• Ability to work in multidiscipline teams.
• English language fluency with capability to communicate in verbal and in writing.
• Excellent presentation skills.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.