Skills: IT - Programming & Database, IT - SAP / ERP
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting Senior Systems Engineer to join our team in Chennai. This role will extensively interface with multi-location project execution teams as well as Project Systems personnel across the world. The selected candidates will be expected to work in a multidiscipline, multicultural team environment where the overall success of the project is paramount.
Provide specialist development, administration, configuration & maintenance of AVEVA Net Portal Information Management Hub.
- Actively contribute to better use of IM tools to all projects, assets and operations.
- Raising the profile of IM from low level activities to ensure adoption.
- Identify where the Portal functionality has superseded or could be used to enhance or make redundant other applications currently in use.
- Promote a culture of data centric management and use via comfortable, confident and effective use of the Portal.
- Ensure the benefits of the portal usage can be realized throughout the whole operation including the remote interior facilities
- Recommends, designs and implements work process improvements.
- Is aware of industry leading technology trends and applications.
- Actively supports Lessons Learned feedback.
- Establish new Project Portals as necessary while maintaining all necessary access securities and permissions.
- Establish asset structures in the portal to ensure that all the related asset data and documents are available from one screen.
- Configuration and maintenance of XML gateways (Links to databases).
- Develop reports to be used for data quality checks by creating/editing Query Forms, Tag summary pages etc.
- Setup KPIs on data delivery and data quality while keeping appropriate records for monitoring and reporting.
- Monitor and report Portal usage identifying areas of concern or where heavy usage (or not) may indicate additional development/roll out requirements.
- Update notification and training of users in the AVEVA Net Portal while developing and publishing the training material for all users.
- Identify areas of potential development within the systems that can advance the asset integrity of both Engineering & operations throughout the company as well as enhancing communication and information sharing between its contractors.
- Align and optimize Portal data flows to ensure timely, accurate and consistent publishing of required information.
- Ensure that the latest documents from 3-D, 2-D and all related tag documents are published in read only format to all approved users.
- Assist the project teams in data handover requirements as well as conducting compliance verification checks.
- Support the designated business power users within the company.
Skills / Qualifications
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor of Engineering or technical equivalent.
- Significant experience in E&P engineering environment.
- Previous experience in E&P Information Management.
- Is proficient in Aveva Net Portal, XML Gateways, 3D CAD (PDMS)
- Previous experience in applying the Aveva Net Portal Development and Administration skills to upstream oil and gas projects with experience on major capital projects.
- Experience in .NET Programming, ASP, C#, XML, SQL, SQL Server, Oracle Databases, SSRS Reporting tools, IIS.
- Possesses solid knowledge/experience (multiple years) of Aveva Net Portal administration in the support of major projects (including support of a Portal user community with the various Portal modules and Database/SSRS Reporting tools)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and MSProject).
- Good understanding of FEED/detail design deliverables for projects.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.