Skills: Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineer, Waste Management
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has a career opportunity for a Senior Industrial Water Treatment Engineer with our North Mountain Operation- includes Utah, Idaho and Montana. Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in industrial and environmental process design, water and wastewater in industrial settings.
This individual will join our North Mountain Operations with the flexibility to be located in UT, ID, or MT.
- Provide Project Management for industrial environmental projects including control of scope, schedule and budget
- Participate in engineering marketing and proposal efforts
- Effectively manage and delegate work to engineering staff and other support personnel
- Manage the development, implementation and auditing of project safety and quality plans
- Advise, coach and mentor other engineering staff
- Manage client communications, expectations and satisfaction
- Recognize and initiate business development opportunities for Industrial Wastewater
- Manage and communicate results, budget and schedule information to Client, Project/Program Managers, Operations Managers, and Sector staff
- Will travel to client sites in the US for project related work - Approximately 10% overnight
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Engineering or Chemical Engineering or a specialty area with relevance to the practice of Industrial Wastewater
- Professional Engineer registration
- 15+ years of Environmental Engineering experience in industrial settings with hands on experience of the treatment of water or wastewater and/or industry recognition as a subject matter expert
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Ability to apply engineering principals to solve practical problems and deal in situations where project details and or standards may not exist
- Self-starter with strong written and verbal skills
- Proactive individual who takes ownership of their work
- Proficient in the use of technology including computers, tablets, etc.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word along with graphics software necessary for the conceptual design of Industrial wastewater systems
- Ability and willingness to travel to client sites in the US for project related work - Approximately 10% overnight travel
- Must pass drug test, have a valid driver's license, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving MVR policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.