Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a Mid- to Senior Level Environmental Planner / Scientist to work with our California Planning, Natural Resources, and Impact Assessment groups in San Diego, Santa Barbara and Riverside. This individual will work with senior managers to assist with environmental planning projects, expand existing and new client relationships, and contribute to Wood's capacity in the environmental and engineering marketplace. Wood has an exciting mix of natural resources and environmental impact assessment projects as well as other environmental planning projects that offer analysts the opportunity for broad exposure to diverse projects and opportunities for career advancement.
Location: This individual can work in either our San Diego, Santa Barbara or Riverside, CA offices. A remote location is also an option.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Will work under a Senior Program Manager and work directly with project managers throughout California and nationwide
- Primary responsibilities will include preparing analyses of environmental issues in the context of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) compliance, Clean Water Act (CWA) Section 404 permitting, local planning documents, etc.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Environmental Science, Land Use Planning, Natural Resources Management, or related field
- 2 - 10 years + of relevant professional experience, including preparing written documents such as authoring / developing resource descriptions, impacts analyses, etc.
- Writing and research skills are key skills for this opportunity
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
- Working knowledge of environmental/engineering principles and standards
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with environmental issues and general familiarity with NEPA and CEQA preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office: Excel and Word, in particular
- Must pass drug screen and background check
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.