Skills: Business Analyst, Project Management
Experience: 14 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Portfolio Management Process Specialist to join the Portfolio Management Division within our Technology Strategy & Planning Department (TSPD), which is responsible for developing Aramco's technology outlook and strategy, managing the technology portfolio and intellectual property, supporting the company's climate and sustainability initiatives, and ensuring the commercial viability of technologies through effective deployment planning. The Portfolio Management Division enables strategic alignment on technology investment and value creation by synthesizing technology strategy, managing technology governance, standardizing techno-economic modeling, and prioritizing portfolio investment.
The Portfolio Management Process Specialist's primary role is to support the portfolio investment optimization process in order to ensure systematic implementation of technology portfolio management processes consistent with Aramco's technology vision and policies.
- Support portfolio review by conducting insightful analysis to ensure strategic alignment on R&D investment and value creation.
- Work closely with Aramco's Research & Development Center to assess portfolio project priorities, support domain portfolio reviews and consolidate priority project progress reports.
- Streamline the planning, communication, execution and performance management of the research portfolio metrics; including value creation, operation efficiency, etc.
- Support the implementation of portfolio review decisions and report progress.
- Support the analysis of gate review priorities and implementation performance to ensure consistency with business and investment plans.
- Lead portfolio analysis of Aramco/SABIC shared projects to ensure consistent portfolio management processes and practices across work teams and companies.
- Perform the analysis of gated projects portfolio from multiple lenses, e.g. sponsorship, project life cycle and agility, in order to identify acceleration opportunities and value realization gaps.
- Support the continuous improvement of the research portfolio management process.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, Business Administration or related disciplines. Master's degree is preferred.
- At least seven years of professional experience gained from working in leading organizations, preferably in the oil and gas sector. Experience working in information analysis or project management role is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience with and proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel for data analysis and PowerPoint for developing presentations.
- Proven track record of successfully working with multi-cultural, cross-functional project teams, and developing productive working relationships.
- Experience with Operation Excellence (OE) processes; implementation and continuous improvement of the same is desirable.
- Demonstrable critical thinking skills, enhanced by an ability to strategically evaluate disparate and complex data and information, and interpret and integrate key assumptions to develop new insights.
Data not available
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.