Skills: Design Engineer
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Basrah, Basra Governorate, Iraq
Wood is currently looking for a Senior Piping Designer to strengthen our team in Basra.
- Conduct Site survey, liaise with client for scope alignment.
- Prepare project drawing and documents using appropriate software.
- Be conversant with and ensure compliance with the CAD draughting standards and procedures
- Ensure deliverables documentation masters and check prints are maintained as per project management system.
- Responsible for the quality and accuracy of all design work produced by the piping design team.
- Ensure a responsible and professional attitude towards the piping design team, participate in the guidance of design team member and share design knowledge.
- Ensure deliverables are completed within budget and within the timeline manner.
- Responsible for the integrity of all design data associated with the piping design deliverables and ensures all deliverables are checked and comply to the latest project, vendor information and management procedures.
- Ensure all the pipe design work files are maintained as per the project procedures and ensures all the l atest design documentation is to the latest revision.
- Liaise with Lead Piping Designer or Lead engineer to identify deliverables issues to enable an accurate project plan identifying material lead time.
- Understand the requirements of the project scope of work and deliver / produced piping deliverables as per client specification to the quality and ensure all client documentation formats are correct per asset.
- Ensure all relevant specification, codes, standards and procedure instruction from engineering are being correctly applied.
- Ensure that no work outside the original scope in undertaken without approval from the Lead Piping Designer / Lead Engineers
- Ensure all design deliverables are checked, reviewed and approved in accordance with project management procedure
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Engineering or equivalent
- 6+ year of relevant experience in oil & gas industry
- Good all-round knowledge of Piping design with Brownfield onshore / offshore experience and CAD / 3D modelling software.
- Familiar with use of Pipes specification, industry codes and standards.
- Must have pleasant and approachable manner, with enthusiasm for challenging schedule.
- Good Oral and communication skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.