La Porte, Texas, United States
La Porte, Texas, United States
Skills: Maintenance Technician, Refinery Staff, Laborer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: Hourly with OT
Location: La Porte, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
***Conco Services LLC is Hiring Service Technicians***
Service Technicians are responsible for efficiently removing deposits from power plant condensers and heat exchangers in order to restore, improve and maintain their optimal operating performance. Service Technicians need to have the ability to mobilize on short notice to travel and perform work primarily in a nuclear or fossil power plants and petroleum-chemical refineries throughout the country. This is a 100% travel position and Service Technicians must be able to stay away for weeks at a time.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manually clean condenser and heat exchange tubes by use of a water pump system with assorted tube cleaners.
- Reads a pressure gauge to identify drop and/or rise in pressure from water pump system.
- Frequently lifts, transports, assembles/reassembles, carries or otherwise moves and positions equipment weighing up to 75 lbs. when loading/unloading vehicle and setting up to and from job site.
- Inventory trailers ensuring job ready status after each job.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all service equipment.
- Set up all support equipment as needed (i.e., generator and compressor).
- Adhere to Employee's Responsibilities section set forth in Conco's Safety Policies & Procedure Manual.
- Knowledge of basic hand tools.
- Travel nationwide at a moment's notice.
- Ability to work independently & in team environment.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment on the job site.
- Oral Comprehension & Expression - The ability to communicate, listen and understand information and direction through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension & Expression - The ability to read, write and understand information and ideas.
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand in English.
- Reasoning - The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instruction and the ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Have a mind for working safely.
Experience & Education
- High School Diploma ( or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate).
- Valid Driver's License with a good driving record.
- Must be authorized to work within the United States;
- Equivalent combination or experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Have or be eligible to obtain a TWIC. TWIC | Transportation Security Administration (tsa.gov)
- Frequent lifting or moving of materials up to 75 lbs.
- Labor intense; crouching, kneeling, crawling, balancing, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, twisting, squatting, driving sitting or standing (particularly for long periods of time).
- Ability to work in confined spaces, work high off the ground, ability to climb scaffolding.
- Primarily perform work in nuclear, chemical & fossil fuel plants under extremely hot, cold, wet and noisy areas.
- The ability to travel for long periods of time (via airplane or by vehicle).
- Physically submit to periodic drug, background and clearance screenings and a satisfactory DISA score (employment is contingent upon favorable results).
- Must be able to obtain a DOT medical certificate valid for at least 1 year from hire date.
***There will be a physical assessment preformed during the interview process***