As a Procurement Analyst, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a diverse and fast paced environment, located in Houston, TX. The objective of the position is to work across multiple Business Units to drive down overall costs for all goods and services for an Oil & Gas company. Previous experience working withing Exploration & Production will be incredibly useful for this role.
- Work with assigned Business Units across multiple goods and service categories (Rentals, Construction, Labor, Engineering, etc.) implementing strategies to optimize efficiency and drive down cost
- Responsible for the analysis and maintenance of procurement data, including but not limited to quotations, purchase orders, goods receipts, and sourcing catalogs
- Provide P2P support across business
- Partner with various Business Unit leaders to understand priorities and limitations and create support plans
- Be the point of contact for vendor issues and ensure the highest level of service
- Monitor shipments and order milestones to guarantee on time delivery and settle problems associated with missed milestones and undelivered goods
- Analyze and communicate to financial performance to project teams and senior management
- Accurately report all project milestones to Business Units and management
- Evaluate project contracts and commercial terms to ensure that the project controls and processes are aligned to address specific project needs
- Understanding of contractual language to ensure contracts follow all applicable policies, procedures, and company standards
- Work with Operations and Finance to develop, streamline and implement financial reporting for major capital projects
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years of related experience, preferably within oil & gas for an operating company, having sourced both goods and services for major capital projects
- Extremely systems savvy with the ability to generate useable data from systems (Coupa, Power Bi, etc.)
- Strong preference for exposure to multi platform support with experience in budget management and P2P systems
- Strong communication skills within all levels of the organization . Preparing management presentations is an important part of the role
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.