Under the direction of the Procurement Manager, this position is responsible for the procurement of materials, parts, equipment, and supplies for the organization as related to their component group.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Coordinates all activities related to procurement of a commodity beginning with intent to purchase through delivery.
- Analyzes the requirements of the commodity, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplies, and date commodity is needed.
- Solicits and evaluates proposals for the requested commodity.
- Investigates and/or interviews potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements.
- Advises team members or management on the appropriate supplier to be used.
- Advises team members on the appropriate cost for the commodity balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs.
- Implements purchase contracts that comply with company and government regulations.
- Assures that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
- Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
- Coordinates appropriate methods needed to distribute commodity in a cost effective manner.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or 4+ years related experience.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.