Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Associate Engineer to work in the Structures Group in our Charlotte or Raleigh, North Carolina Offices. Wood is a multidiscipline company that provides engineering, architectural, civil, environmental, and construction services on a variety of commercial, government, and industrial projects. Structural scopes of work typically include evaluation, renovation, and repair of structural framing systems for buildings and other types of structures. We provide new design for projects in the energy field, pedestrian bridges, and building additions. We do work nationwide and occasionally worldwide. Candidate will have opportunity to collaborate with personnel at other Wood offices throughout the country.
Key Responsibilities :
- Follows company safety standards and site safety standards
- Performs field exploration, inspection, and documentation of buildings and similar structures
- Reviews and interprets building code requirements
- Coordinates and oversees the work to assess existing buildings, building envelope systems, etc.; analyze structural systems, frames and components; design repairs and alterations for structural and architectural systems; design and document code compliant structural systems
- Prepares portions of client deliverables including field reports, calculation packages, drawings, specifications, letters, reports, cost estimates, and proposals
- Interacts with other professionals, clients, contractors, building officials, and general public
- Inspects, documents, and oversees construction activities
- Provides work direction to and mentors junior professional and technical staff
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program with a focus on structural engineering; Master's Degree Preferred
- P.E. Registration required. Ability to become licensed in multiple states; NCEES record preferred.
- 15-20 years of related work experience.
- Experience with structural evaluation, repair, and new design of buildings and similar structures
- Working knowledge of Unified Facilities Criteria (UFCs) and other Department of Defense design criteria preferred.
- Strong leadership skills to direct a team in the development of construction drawings, specifications, and calculation packages.
- Experience with STAAD.Pro, RISA, RAM Structural System, Tedds, and/or other structural modeling software
- Client management and communication skills with experience in business development
- A valid driver's license and clean DMV report
- Ability to pass a background check for entry into DoD facilities
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required
- Flexibility to travel as required - Up to approximately 25% travel; primarily domestic short duration (typically one week or less) trips; longer duration and/or international trips are sometimes required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.