Skills: Crane Operator, Mechanic, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Sparrows Group are looking for an Overhead Crane Mechanic to join the team in San Antonio, Texas.
The primary purpose of the role is to perform all aspects of crane service in the field and in the shop.
• Read diagrams and schematic drawings and service manuals to determine work procedures.
• Inspect, troubleshoot and repair overhead cranes.
• Repair hoists, pneumatic, electrical and mechanical components.
• Maintain electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics and mechanical knowledge via on-going training, industry workshops and technical reading.
• Carry out preventative maintenance program for onshore and offshore cranes.
• Observe competitive activities. Contribute to company image and reputation.
• Manage and maintain assigned tools and equipment.
• Maintain and follow driving guidelines for assigned company vehicle.
• Must be able to identify all types of crane components.
• Identify and request replacement parts in order to perform repairs.
• Complete all paperwork thoroughly and in a timely fashion.
• Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
• Understand and comply with all Safety and Environmental requirements.
• Perform all other duties as required by Supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Understand basic operations of pneumatic, electric, mechanical, principles, machinery alignment, rigging etc.
• Electrical and pneumatic experience, Communication skills both oral, written and good depth perception.
• Experience in service-related area.
• Must have completed mandated field hours and competent.
• Must be familiar with crane rigging procedures.
• Good driving record.
• Able to perform tasks independently.