Skills: Electrical Engineering, Electrical Technician, Electrician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Sparrows Group are looking for a PLC/Electrical Technician to join the team on a permanent basis in Dallas, Texas.
The primary purpose of the role is to perform electrical wiring of components, troubleshooting and repairs in the shop and field as required.
• Ability to read and Interpret wiring diagrams, schematics, symbols.
• Wire single phase and three phase Alternating Current as well as DC circuits.
• Ability to install, calibrate, and wire electric components.
• Carry out electrical maintenance and repairs of cranes or equipment.
• Assist in the testing of electrical components on refurbishment projects.
• Offer recommendations when ordering electrical spares and consumables.
• Contribute to company image and reputation.
• Manage and maintain assigned tools and equipment.
• Complete all paperwork thoroughly and in a timely fashion.
• Ability to perform a technical and economic assessment and review for purpose of refurbishment and/or new equipment sales.
• Understand and comply with all Safety and Environmental requirements.
• Perform all other duties as required by Supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High School diploma or Equivalent.
• Working knowledge of diesel, hydraulic, and/or electrical.
• Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and drawings.
• Familiar with motors and phasing.
• Mechanical, hydraulic, experience a plus.
• Repair skills.
• Familiar with rigging practices a plus.
• Able to perform tasks independently and with a team.
• Must have own hand tools.
• Computer literate/knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel software.