Skills: Crane Operator, Mechanic, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houma, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Sparrows Group are looking to recruit Offshore Mechanics of all levels to join our team on a permanent basis in Houma, Louisiana.
The primary purpose of the role is to perform all aspects of crane service in the field and in the shop.
• Inspect, troubleshoot and repair hydraulic cranes.
• Repair winches, valves, engines and hydraulic components.
• Carry out preventative maintenance program for offshore cranes.
• Observe competitive activities.
• Manage and maintain assigned tools and equipment.
• Maintain and follow driving guidelines for assigned company vehicle.
• Must be able to identify most types of crane components.
• Understand and comply with all Safety and Environmental requirements.
• Perform all other duties as required by Supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
• Perform electrical parts changeout, some electrical troubleshoot.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High School diploma or Equivalent
• Understand basic operations of mechanics.
• Understand basic operations of hydraulics.
• Communication skills both oral and written.
• Must be familiar with crane rigging procedures.
• Able to perform tasks independently.
• Must have own hand tools.