Skills: Hydraulic & Pneumatic, Mechanical Engineering, Project Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Slidell, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Sparrows Group are looking for a Project Engineer to join the team on a permanent basis in Slidell, Louisiana.
The primary purpose of the role is to provide technical support to the Engineering Services business group.
Administration of Engineering Services systems, records and registers, to include:
• Ensuring Engineering Folder/File Management.
• Maintaining Engineering Services Inquiry Register.
• Maintaining Engineering Services Project/Financial Register.
• Monitoring and Reporting of Project Time-Writing.
• Responsible for maintaining suitable records of all activities under direct responsibility.
Responsible for providing a Project Engineer function within the Engineering Services team.
Responsible for implementing Inquiry Processing, to include:
• Bid Planning.
• Development of Scopes of Work.
• Production of Execution Plan.
• Project Estimating.
• CTR Production.
• Proposal Formatting and Collation.
• Submission Review and Approval.
Responsible for implementing Project Engineering activities, to include:
• Order/Contract Review.
• Project Financial Control & Reporting.
• Project Planning & Reporting.
• Project Management of Design (to include compilation of Design Data Books comprising engineering calculations, drawings, method statements, planning charts and implementation procedures), Fabrication & Assembly project phases, as applicable.
• Management of Project Procurement (to include preparation of project Bill of Materials.)
• Workpack Preparation and Review (to include preparation of engineering procedures, risk assessments, construction and commissioning checksheets etc.)
• Project Implementation.
• Project Invoicing.
• Project Close-Out.
Responsible for implementing site and/or offshore surveys and preparing detailed survey reports.
Responsible for assisting with the development and execution of Engineering Services systems and methods.
Responsible for the progress of Engineering Services activities i.e., planning and scheduling of inquiries and projects to meet milestones.
Responsible for ensuring project elements are checked and reviewed according to QA procedures.
• Build and maintain positive and constructive working relationships with customers, management, team members and other colleagues.
• Work cooperatively and productively with others to ensure planning, technical integrity and successful completion of projects.
• Provide concise, accurate and timely reports and documentation.
• Contribute to meetings and discussions.
• Conduct internal meetings to progress ongoing, urgent or overdue issues.
• Liaison with Technical Group team members to ensure project milestones/deadlines are met.
• Liaison with clients, sub-contractors, suppliers and company staff as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Engineering Degree, Qualified in Structural, Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
• Previous experience in project engineering role in offshore industry (or similar.)
• Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical control systems.
• Knowledge of cranes and/or mechanical handling equipment.
• Extensive customer liaison exposure.
• Good Technical Report writing skills.
• Knowledge of relevant engineering standards (API, AISC, ASTM, AWS, SAE.)
• Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
• Good computer skills.
• Ability to perform tasks independently, with minimum supervision, as well as within a team environment.
• Ability to multi-task and effectively manage work across multiple projects.