Skills: Hydraulic & Pneumatic, Machinist, Mechanic
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Due to continued growth, the Sparrows Group are looking to recruit Millwrights to join our team in Houston, Texas.
The primary purpose of the role is to repair or replace defective machinery parts; fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up; perform routine maintenance work on machinery.
• Install, repair and maintain commercial or industrial machinery in buildings, a plant, or a manufacturing setting. These technicians ensure all machines function properly through troubleshooting and preventative maintenance service. Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments. Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
• Ensure correct and safe operation of equipment and machinery using customer onsite maintenance management system (CMMS.)
• Troubleshoot and maintain engines, conveyors, electrical systems, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment.
• Fit bearings, align gears and shafts, attach motors, and connect couplings and belts to precise tolerances.
• Identify faulty equipment through observation and testing metrics.
• Identify and request replacement parts in order to perform repairs.
• Safely operate cranes, power tools, hoists and hand tools.
• Assess the condition of used parts using micrometers, calipers and specifications.
• Maintain parts and tools inventory.
• Maintain electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics and mechanical knowledge via on-going training, industry workshops and technical reading.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High School diploma or Equivalent.
• Understand basic operations of hydraulics.
• Communication skills both oral and written.
• Familiar with rigging procedures.
• Must be able to read diagrams and schematic drawings and service manuals to determine work procedures.
• Able to perform tasks independently.
• Must have own hand tools.
• Basic operation of pumps, motors, and conveyors.
• Basic knowledge of electrical components and concepts.