Skills: Crane Operator, Mechanic, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Louisiana, USA, LA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Sparrows Group are looking for experienced Overhead Crane Mechanics to join the team in various locations in Southern Louisiana (Lake Charles, Houma and Slidell) on a permanent basis.
The primary purpose of the role will be to perform all aspects of crane service in the field and the shop.
• Read diagrams, schematic drawings, and service manuals to determine work procedures.
• Inspect, troubleshoot, and repair overhead cranes.
• Repair hoists, pneumatic, electrical, and mechanical components.
• Carry out preventative maintenance program for onshore and offshore cranes.
• Manage and maintain assigned tools and equipment.
• Identify and request replacement parts to perform repairs.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Understand basic operations of pneumatic, electric, mechanical, principles, machinery alignment, rigging etc.
• Must be able to identify all types of crane components.
• Electrical and pneumatic experience.
• Communication skills both oral and written.
• Must have completed mandated field hours.
• Must be familiar with crane rigging procedures.