Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Basra, Iraq
Wood is currently looking for a Senior Civil & Structural Designer to strengthen our team in Basra.
- Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
- Conduct Site surveys and liase with client job specification.
- Provide discipline support to the business.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory framework and legislation.
- Interact with multi-discipline Engineering teams.
- Executing assigned personal objectives.
- Continue to develop team working & communication skills.
- Perform surveys and answer site queries.
- Attend meetings as and when required.
- Review and check the work of designer.
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Engineering
- 6+ years of relevant experience in oil & gas industry.
- Intellectually capable, can substantiate the ability to apply theory in a practical context.
- Familiar with the use of industry standards and codes.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good Oral and Communication skills.
- Must have good interpersonal skills/team player.
- Proficient in the use of structural analysis software STAAD Pro.
- Able to demonstrate team working skills.
- Flexible with a can-do attitude.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.