Skills: Workover or Completion
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Basrah, Basra Governorate, Iraq
Wood is currently recruiting for Completions Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. Candidate must be able to work on daily basis in Basra, Iraq.
The main purpose of the role is to provide electrical engineering support to projects in BGC, the accountabilities include:
- Administer and support the formulation of the Project Engineering and Construction Work-packs in line with Client's objective of progressing Work Order completion timely and to project schedule.
- Provide construction input to estimates as and when required.
- Review design documents and provide Completions input to designs.
- Assist in the Formulation of Engineering and Construction Work-packs in line with Project procedures for content, and accuracy
- Liaise closely with Wood Engineering on all aspects of design and technical data
- Produce sequenced Activity data, Test and Inspection Matrices and compile workpacks which detail all construction activities
- May be required to undertake visits to in country facilities/sites to review designs and liaise with Construction Supervisors
- Thorough working knowledge of ITR's for Mechanical completion & Pre-commissioning activities
- Coordinate with Project controls on the progress of work order issuance, and proposed completion dates
- Participate in HSE improvement activities, promoting HSE elements throughout Work Pack development where ever possible
- Full working knowledge of construction/installation activities in relation to the relevant disciplines
- Ability to review engineering design drawings and collate the required Inspection and test data
- Be part of a multi-discipline work preparation team and be responsible for the development of Completions Plans, Handover Packs and Instruction in accordance with approved budget, schedule requirements, quality, safety, health and environmental requirements.
- Develop and produce quality completions solutions applicable to various aspects of the defined scope of work to comply with relevant codes, specifications and procedures.
- Manage an end to end rejuvenation scope and as such, be involved in interfacing with HSSE, engineering, planning, construction, procurement, HVEC and BSP Project Engineering and Operations teams
- Contribute and work effectively in a multidiscipline, multi-work centre team environment where the overall success of the project is paramount. Report to the Commissioning Lead (Managed by the Construction Manager)
- Be part of the work preparation team to execute the completions certification preparation activities. Review engineering, construction and commission documentation of the project. Schedule work activities in line with the completions execution plan
- Perform data gathering in line with the current Go Completions system
- Provide the standard design data sets required for the Completions Management and as minimum provide all equipment tags and associated loops, cable and line lists and Safety Critical items
- Support the Commissioning Lead and in the correlation of the Engineering & Construction Workpacks in identification and definition of the system and sub-system boundaries (LOSH)
- Complete data downloads. Update the completions management database content in line with project change control procedures and verify data quality on completion of import.
- Review all project ITRs to ensure that they meet project specification and are aligned with the Completion Management System database.
- Review inspection test reports for inclusion in Project Mechanical Completions (MC) Handover packages and collation of certification records and system handover documentation.
- Provide daily / weekly updates to the line manager and raise any concerns that may affect handover in line with the project sub-system delivery schedule.
Skills / Qualifications
- Required: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering.
Preferred: Minimum 10 years experience in the field of electrical engineering.
- 10+ years' experience in Completions/Commissioning in Oil and Gas Operations is required. Additional experience in the modernisation of Brownfields facilities is a plus.
- 3+ years working directly within an EPC environment, including exposure to project standards.
- Knowledge of HSSE framework
- Good communication skills and aptitude for taking initiatives are essential, as is the ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Working experience on the entire project life cycle (from conceptual design through to final commissioning and handover) and/or in the front line oil and gas production operations is desirable.
- Experience in driving business improvement in engineering, i.e. fit-for-purpose solutions and cost effectiveness.
- An HSSE driven mind-set.
- Experience in working in harsh geographical and /or technical environments (e.g. temperature extremes) is desirable.
* Working knowledge of all relevant Contract and HSE regulations including procedures, guidelines and work instructions.
* Strong technical foundation with the ability to work independently, as well as challenge and support others.
* Good communication skills and aptitude for taking initiatives are essential, as is the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
Additional comments : Able to provide innovative solutions for complex problems using, at time, incomplete information. Fluent in English (speaking & writing).
Key Competences required :
Team player with good interpersonal skills and proven track record of being self-motivated and team leadership. Able to work across multiple projects largely unsupervised and deliver results within challenging deadlines and under pressure. Good communication and analytical skills are essential.
The individual must demonstrate to have a genuine respect and appreciation for working and living in a sensitive middle eastern culture.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.