Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Basrah, Basra Governorate, Iraq
Wood is currently looking for a Senior E&l Designer to strengthen our team in Basra.
- Preparation and checking of all types of Electrical and/or Instrument design deliverables such as Instrument Index/ IO List, Cable Schedule, Block Diagrams, Single Line Diagrams, Schematics, Layout Drawings, Termination Diagrams, Loop Diagrams, Hook-up Arrangements, Typical Installation Diagrams, Material Take-Offs, etc.
- Interdisciplinary check of all Civil/Structural/Piping/Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation drawings.
- Able to carryout site visits and generate as built drawings and site visit reports.
- Review of vendor drawings for Equipment / Package items.
- Produce drawings in AutoCAD.
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to the discipline.
- To always promote safe behaviour.
- Maybe required to perform site surveys and data gathering exercises at various project locations.
- To provide discipline specific design and drafting services that meet the Project's, and applicable statutory and regulatory, requirements.
- To provide technical support to the site team during design, engineering, and construction.
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Engineering
- 6+ years of relevant experience in oil & gas industry
- Strong commitment to safety
- Prof icient in the use of AutoCAD, Excel and Word.
- Must have experience of 3D modelling using PDMS / E3D.
- Experience of 3D modelling using PDMS, would be an advantage.
- Must be able to work to an agreed scope, budget and schedule.
- An active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirements.
- Previous experience of working with engineering design companies.
- Experience in the preparation and co-ordination of Electrical and/or Instrument design deliverables
- Compliance with industry, international and Client Codes and standards.
- Maintain suitable records of correspondence and work completed for reference and auditing purposes.
- Knowledge of site-based project work involving field engineering and construction.
- Able to demonstrate team working skills.
- Flexible with a can-do attitude
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.