The Sourcing Specialist promotes and implements tactical sourcing activities while proactively managing assigned commodity and supply bases. Responsibilities include ensuring the company sourcing strategy is reflected in procurement tools and applied to operations. This position requires an entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to identify gaps and propose changes. Successful Sourcing Specialists have a strong interest in data analysis and the ability to work remotely with limited guidance. This position reports directly to the Procurement & Sourcing Manager. Responsibilities
- Leads effort to increase relevance and coverage of catalogue, supplier, and contract management tools.
- Ensures adherence to supplier agreements and contracts.
- Guides Sourcing Analyst searches to identify gaps in catalogue and contract structure.
- Analyzes Sourcing Analyst reports and leads effort to bridge gaps between sourcing strategy and procurement operations.
- Coordinates with supplier and catalogue management teams to obtain information for electronic catalogue updates.
- Recommends opportunities to reduce total cost through new sources, substitutions, improved systems, or methods based on analytics.
- Collaborates with the procurement team to identify process, sourcing, and contract improvement opportunities.
- Reports supplier nonconformance and procurement issues in appropriate databases.
- Identifies areas for process change to optimize efficiency and achieve business results.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in supply chain management or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years' experience in procurement, sourcing or supply chain equivalent roles.
- Preferably in large scale MNC with at least 1-2 years of experience managing Logistics Category
- Fluency in English and Malay language, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, data analysis, and project management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Excel and Access.
- Extensive experience in sourcing processes (e.g. RFI/RFQ), negotiation strategies, contract management, project management, collaboration skills as well as market analysis capabilities to drive operational excellence
- Have working rights in Malaysia and willing to be based in Kuala Lumpur. Require to travel interstate within Malaysia.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Please be vigilant to fraudulent activity if you receive a communication or e-mail regarding potential employment, or an invitation to submit applications to a public email address, supposedly from Schlumberger. Please do not send money or pass any personal details to anyone suggesting they can provide employment with us. We will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process. For more information please visit: company website