The Import - Export Specialist is responsible for providing import/export process efficiency. The Import - Export Specialist works with logistics services providers to ensure that the movement of goods in and out is done in compliance with customs regulations while aiming to improve on-time delivery of goods to Product Lines.Responsibilities:
- Analyze import and export documentation for incoming and outgoing shipments and ensure accuracy of documentation and verify compliance standard.
- Update import and export systems as needed or locally defined in the assigned country, including data and document storage where necessary.
- Analyze customs duty exemptions and free trade agreements to reduce cost of imports and exports.
- Be responsible and accountable for performance factors related to service level agreements in the country.
- Manage daily customs broker operations and ensure performance is monitored, targeting lead time and cost reductions.
- Liaise with customs and local authorities for daily operational issues.
- Be responsible and accountable for ensuring all import and export duty tariff codes are correctly applied to incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Comply with customs requirements and manage customs duty costs to a minimal exposure; regularly conduct regulatory self-audits for compliance to the latest customs regulations; keep customs documents in proper filing, maintenance and retention systems.
- Manage daily customs and trade compliance issues and reports as per compliance standard.
- Act as a customs knowledge holder for local organizations in the country.
- Manage compliance, quality control, and quality assurance standards and specifications
- Anticipate and resolve day-to-day issues, complete root cause failure analyses, and take corrective actions
- Minimum Supply Chain or equivalent degree.
- Minimum 5 years in Import Export related position.
- Proficient in English and Burmese spoken and written language.
- Have working rights in Myanmar and willing to work in Yangon.
- Knowledge of end-to-end logistics operations (including air, ocean, over-the-road transportation and customs).
- Proven leadership skills & excellent process understanding as well as an integrative character.
- Strong systems skills, including proficiency with integrated software applications.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Please be vigilant to fraudulent activity if you receive a communication or e-mail regarding potential employment, or an invitation to submit applications to a public email address, supposedly from Schlumberger. Please do not send money or pass any personal details to anyone suggesting they can provide employment with us. We will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process. For more information please visit: company website