Skills: Marine Engineering, Captain / Master, Port Operations
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
WTS Energy is seeking to hire Dock Master for one of its client who is a reputed Marine Engineering and ship building company.
Dock Master is will be responsible but are not limited to the following,
• Ensuring safety standards are met especially the safety of vessel traffic and all resources being used for the operation.
• Piloting of vessels in and out of the dry docks Harbour water.
• Piloting, Docking & Undocking of vessels from the yard main docks in a safe & effective manner.
• Appraisal, planning, execution, monitoring and reporting of the marine manoeuvring in the yard.
• In charge of tugs, mooring launches, mooring gangs and all involved During marine manoeuvres.
• Pilotage of vessels as advised by the Harbour Master or Asst Harbour Master.
• Maintain a high level of competency in ship handling.
• Perform suitable bridge management duties in relation to statutory obligations during pilotage.
• Provide guidance to ship's masters for the safe navigation, mooring and unmooring of vessels into the Harbour.
• Carry out heavy lift operation with floating crane.
• Monitoring of weather / sea conditions to attend to, as and when required, incidents or emergency situations within the Harbour.
• Ensure harbour water is maintained to high standard of cleanliness and pollution free by way of regular monitoring and remedial actions.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationship with co-workers, supervisors and clients.
• Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
• Report incidents and carry out / co-operate in investigations.
• Implements the day-to-day operations assigned to ensure compliance with the established standards and procedures.
• Master's Degree in relevant field
• Master Marine Class - 1 (unlimited with valid STCW certificates and must have seagoing experience in a watch keeping navigational role.
• Experience in Marine, oil & gas and offshore industry.