Skills: Mechanic, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further…we are seeking individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable, and ready to work in a fast-paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Canrig Drilling Technology, with revenues of approximately $400M, provides equipment, tools, services, and software products to oil and gas companies worldwide to improve the safety and efficiency of the drilling process. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding.
An intermediate level position within the Field Service group, performing hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical technical duties on drilling rig equipment on operating sites. Technician will be required to work safety, efficiently and independently to troubleshoot, maintain, inspect and disassemble/assemble mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems on various Canrig and Nabors equipment such as Diesel Engines, Mud Pumps, HPU's, Drawworks, Top Drives, Catwalks, Accumulators, TM80/TM120/ST80 floor wrenches and other rig equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist higher level technicians, as well as work independently with minimal supervision.
- Promote a safe and quality environment in which to work.
- Perform preventative maintenance requirements and maintain all mechanical and hydraulic systems as per Nabors & Canrig standards and notify supervisors of required repairs/parts.
- Preparation work includes lay out of the jobs, identify and assemble necessary parts and tools, measure and consult technical charts
- Performs proper set up and calibration of the hydraulic automated circuit components.
- Work and troubleshoot variable pressures up to 5000 psi.
- Troubleshoot, repair and replace hydraulic cylinders, valves, motors and pumps to include pressure testing and set up.
- Capable to fit, measure and identify hydraulic hose requirements for all equipment circuits.
- Works with minimum supervision to properly maintain the equipment, to include creating and submitting proper reports and any other required documentation.
- Work overtime as required to meet customer drilling schedules.
- Measure and record technical data as tasks are completed, inspect documentation prior to job closure
- Perform repairs using torque wrenches and precision measuring tools.
- Assist in trouble shooting using multi meters, amp probes, meggers and scopes (24 to 600 volt systems).
- Extensive travel to drilling rig locations operating within the technician's geographic regions.
- Assist in installation of company owned drilling equipment.
- Accurately complete expense and mileage reports in a timely manner.
- Comply with and participate in company safety and quality programs.
- Maintain company issued tools and be knowledgeable and skillful in the use of these tools.
- Attend all Canrig, Nabors and Lease Operator required training classes.min
- Remain alert to all opportunities to install additional systems on new rigs and to upgrade, or add-on new equipment
To perform the job successfully and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Please note that reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. The requirements representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required are listed below:
Education and/or Experience - High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and trade/technical school diploma or 2 years related experience in any one of the following our vocations: Mechanical, Hydraulic, Drilling Systems or Electronics.
Language Skills - Must be fluent in English and possess the following abilities: to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos, to write simple correspondence, to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical skills - Possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Possess the ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage.
Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills - General knowledge of word processing software and email messaging, and an all-around general knowledge of computers operations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver's License
- Training in Microsoft Office
- Associates Degree or advanced training
- Basic knowledge of Oil & Gas industry
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, works well in a problem-solving situation, uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Oral communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes technically, clearly, and informative; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedbacks; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interest; able to build moral and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizat ional Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision making process; makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence;
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- 2 years' experience of Mechanical and or Hydraulic technical skills with an extensive background of maintaining and troubleshooting skills.
- Capable of reading and understanding hydraulic schematics with a strong ability to analyze complex hydraulic circuits with working pressure up to 5000 psi and up to 65 GPM flow.
- Experience with diesel engines, hydraulic systems (motors, pumps, valves and cylinders), and other mechanical / electrical systems
- Understanding of automated hydraulic controls.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical drawings.
- Great communication skills to improve customers opererations and repor any unsafe conditions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Willing and able to live in remote company owned camps, hotels or other accommodations.
- Walking or standing for long periods of time
- Bending or stooping
- Climbing stairs and/or ladders
- Lifting up to 50lbs
- Use of hand and power tools
- Operating a vehicle
- Able to work in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Ability to work at heights above 20 feet and from a boat swain chair