Skills: Legal, Research & Development
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking an Intellectual Property (IP) Analyst to join the IP Management Group (IPM) within the Technology Strategy & Planning Department.
IPM is responsible for managing Aramco Intellectual Property by establishing and maintaining the tools and the expertise necessary to develop, evaluate, monitor, prioritize, strategize and utilize the Company's IP.
The IP Analyst's primary role is to be responsible for performing patent research to support various IP activities, including: patentability search, freedom to operate, competitive intelligence, IP benchmarking, and IP mapping. This role also supports the development of Aramco's IP portfolio (patents, copyrights, and trade secrets), including analysis of invention disclosures, and working with inventors and in-house IP counsels on patent prosecution activities.
- Conduct prior art searches using specialized patent databases for inventions covering certain technologies.
- Prepare IP landscapes, competitor benchmarking, IP due-diligence and technology intelligence monitoring reports.
- Analyze identified patents, preparation of summary reports for patent attorneys, R&D scientists, commercial leads, investment managers and executive management.
- Review and evaluate invention disclosure forms, support patent protection process and conduct IP awareness sessions and training.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related scientific field. An advanced degree in Intellectual Property or data analytics is preferred.
- At least twelve years of experience in engineering or science field, including at least seven years in patent analytics. IP experience in energy, chemicals or heavy industrial sector is preferred.
- Good understanding of major patents systems, e.g. USPTO, EPO and PCT.
- Excellent understanding of patent classification systems, standard tools/databases and various analytical approaches.
- Ability to handle wide range of technical subjects.
Data not available
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.