Skills: Research & Development, Chemist, Metallurgist / Materials Engineering
Experience: 14 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Materials & Composites Development Scientist with experience in polymer-based materials development and characterization to join our Non-metallic Applications Development Division (NMAP), which is responsible for conducting cutting-edge research activities to disrupt non-metallic businesses and enable further adoption of polymeric materials at a global level. The division's goal is to develop innovative composites-based technologies, which enable increased demand for polymers in five main sectors: Oil & Gas, Building & Construction, Automotive, Renewables, and Packaging.
The Materials & Composites Development Scientist's primary role is to develop and implement new research programs focusing on developing innovative solutions to promote the utilization of polymers in different industrial sectors, in particular: renewables and packaging. The role is also responsible for establishing partnerships with national and international organizations in order to advance technology development and ensure effective commercialization of developed technologies.
- Development and characterization of polymer-based materials.
- Modification and optimization of polymer-based materials.
- Surface and bulk characterization of polymers and composites.
- Preparation and manufacturing of polymer-based materials.
- Designing of polymer-based materials from the concept until to scale-up phase.
- Establish the structure-property relationships in developed materials.
- Optimize the developed formulations and processes for large scale manufacturing.
- Work with partners to integrate the developed technologies in real-world applications.
- Link the technical aspect of the developed products with business aspect and benchmarking of competitive materials.
- Mentoring junior scientists and technicians.
- PhD in Chemistry, Materials Science, Polymer Science or a related field.
- Five years of R&D experience in polymer materials development.
- Ability to set corporate R&D strategies and develop technology roadmaps, connecting innovation ecosystem players and establishing new business partnerships.
- Experience in complex project management, including: milestone tracking; project finance and contracts development; as well as technology licensing and commercialization.
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge in polymer and composites with hands-on experience on polymer characterization techniques.
- Knowledge in scale-up of polymer-based materials is a plus.
Data not available
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.