Skills: Metallurgist / Materials Engineering, Construction Engineer
Experience: 14 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Building & Construction Materials & Composites Development Specialist to join our Non-metallic Applications Development Division, which is responsible for conducting cutting-edge research activities to disrupt Non-metallic businesses and enable further adoption of polymeric materials at a global level. The division's goal is to develop innovative composites-based technologies, which enable increased demand for polymers in five main sectors (Oil & Gas, Building & Construction, Automotive, Renewables and Packaging).
The Specialist's primary role is to support the development of a new generation of composite materials for Building & Construction (B&C) applications, focusing on polymer composite reinforcements (e.g., composites, rebars, polymer in concrete and carbon-reinforced concrete).
- Working with authorized engineers, research organizations and manufacturers to identify technical gaps and challenges that hinder the massive adoption of polymer composites in the B&C sector, and identifying routes of developments. This will include, conducting technical feasibility studies, designing R&D strategies, launching research projects, leading lab technicians and junior scientists, and engaging external partners to advance the technology readiness level of the targeted development.
- Project planning, execution, implementation and data analysis, as well as liaising with stakeholders to ensure seamless integration with ongoing efforts associated with non-metallic initiatives.
- Building in-house capabilities across multiple disciplines including, mechanical properties assessment of composites and polymer characterizations.
- Training junior scientists and engineers while remaining current with engineering and scientific technological developments, such as cost-effective high polymer content rebars and polymers in concrete solutions.
- MS degree in Materials Science with a specific focus area of materials for building and constructions, PhD is preferred.
- Ten years' experience related to non-metallic materials science in industrial and non-industrial fields, including at least seven years in composite materials for building and construction applications, as well as business planning.
- Experience with techno-economic evaluations, and software and simulations related to composite materials is preferred.
- Able to publish papers in highly-recognized journals, present research outcomes in international events, and grant patents based on novel research results.
- Familiar with international standards used for composites materials in B&C, composite and manufacturing processes (e.g., pultrusion) used for the high-volume production of composites products used in B&C.
Data not available
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.