Skills: Construction Engineer, Construction Manager
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Mangystau Province, Kazakhstan
Wood (trading locally as WoodKSS) is currently looking for an Author Supervision Engineer to join our team in Tengiz. We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality projects to our client's requirements.
• Engineering, author supervision of construction/installation activities, acceptance of completed facilities from TCO construction contractors;
• control of capital construction progress against schedules, control of compliance of scope, schedule, quality of construction/installation activities, quality of construction materials, products, structures with approved design and estimate documentation, drawings, construction codes and regulations, standards, specifications, occupational safety norms;
• Involvement in review and approval of changes to design made during construction promptly addressing the issues of materials, products, structures replacement (having agreed with the project team) without compromising on quality of construction;
• investigation of reasons of schedule overrun, deterioration of construction/installation quality, taking actions to eliminate and prevent their occurrence;
• technical acceptance of completed construction scopes and facilities with issuance of required technical documents;
• participation in acceptance and
• control of the quality of rework, rectification of defects and faulty workmanship by construction contractors within the timeframe defined by the commission;
• Keeping records of completed construction/installation activities, input to capital construction completion report.
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering degree
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Good English language skills
- Good communication skills
- Self starter
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.