Skills: Engineering Technician
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Mangystau Province, Kazakhstan
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Control System Engineer (Expatriate) with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry to join our team in Tengiz.
Reporting to the Site Engineering Manager, your primary responsibility will be ensuring project deliverables comply with company/client standards and specifications and to both check and produce necessary documentation for Construction support of MAC scope in TCO Future Growth Project.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring that the technical content of all assigned design deliverables meet quality expectations; ensure drawings and designs are produced within the assigned timeframes; raise any gaps or potential problems for resolution immediately upon identification.
- Developing project deliverables, and spot checking the output of other site team designers when assigned (team size to be determined).
- Checking all MAC Construction, Engineering and third-party site contractor red lines are acceptable to MAC design requirements. Where not, will advise red line originators of correct solution (fully detailed) working with Interface team or Engineering to resolve issues.
- Coordinating and cooperating with the other disciplines as directed to ensure the smooth flow of all Control Systems design information and red line / as-built processes on the project task force, and to ensure alignment with project requirements.
- Assisting with document preparation for procurement of construction material.
- Checking that Material Requisitions are accurate and reflect scope of supply and that all correct reference procedures and specifications are issued to bidders and suppliers.
- Working with Asset Register (equipment tagging) team and Engineering to maintain up to date asset tag data and to resolve discrepancies or changes.
- To fully implement all applicable Project and company Technical Management of Change (MoC) procedures and protocols.
- Coordinating with MAC Atyrau Engineering and Design teams for work planning and exchange of documents, mark-ups (for change), red lines for as built, and documents for signature at the direction of Site Engineering Manager.
Skills / Qualifications
- Relevant Engineering degree from a recognised institution
- 8+ experience in control systems.
- 8+ years in field instrumentation.
- 8+ years experience in working in Construction and Commissioning sites
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Industrial safety
- Control/Safety/F&G knowledge
- SPI concepts
- Network and infrastructure concepts
- Field Instrumentation
- Electrical knowledge
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and engineering programs
- A "safety first" approach to your chosen profession
- Excellent analytical, literacy and numerical skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) complemented by your ability to work collaboratively in a multicultural project team
- An ability to work under pressure when necessary, while still delivering within a challenging and complex environment
- A" solutions mindset" and able to manage varying tasks with often changing and competing priorities
It takes an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds to unlock solutions to tomorrows most critical challenges.
If you are a Senior Control System Engineer (Expatriate) and ready for your next challenge - apply today!
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.