Skills: Mechanical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Wood is currently recruiting for an onshore Mechanical Technician On-the-Job Trainer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry to join the O&M team in Equatorial Guinea on a rotational basis ( 8x6) . This rotation could be extended with current COVID circumstances.
The incumbent will perform diagnostics as well as overhauls to major equipment such as gas / diesel reciprocating engines, air / gas compressors, horizontal / vertical pumps and various types of valves within an oil and gas environment. This position is a mentoring role and would require very good commincation skills to transmit their knowledge and skills.
1. Oversee troubleshooting, repairs, rebuilds and overhalls of gas and diesel engines, air and gas compressors, and reciprocating and centrifugal pumps
2. Oversee mechanical repairs in accordance with Company policies, regulations and specified schedules.
3. Provide classroom training as well as onsite training.
4. Oversee planned and unplanned maintenance is executed in a cost-effective manner while maintaining and improving equipment reliability and availability.
5. Oversee control and use of spare parts, consumables and other materials necessary for onshore operations.
6. Oversee adequate information is provided on work orders and close out of documentations is completed.
7. Participates in HES activities including tool box meetings and must be quality conscious and aware of safety procedures on offshore platforms.
8. Ensures company and contract environmental standards are achieved.
9. Oversee planned maintenance on mechanical equipment in a timely manner.
10. Complies with all Safety Rules and Regulations by following in-place procedures and SPMs.
11. Supports all Marathon's processes by personal involvement in activities to enhance performance in Health, Environment, Safety and Corporate Social Responsibility.
12. Serves as an active member in one or more of the Emergency Response Teams, e.g., Fire Brigade, etc.
13. The Employee commits and is obliged to render services in the position with the Company under the terms and conditions set forth in this Job Scope Description and to carry out the functions that the Company entrusts to him/her at any given time.
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience with Caterpillar ET and SIS is essential
- Specialized hand tools
- Hand-held vibration monitoring devices
- Hydraulic torque equipment
- MS Office Suite
- Strong oral and written English level
- Has attended oil and gas industry related OJT
- High school or Technical school certificate
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.