Skills: Process Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Reading, England, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Process Engineer to join our Fired Heaters team in Reading on a staff basis.
- Develop Thermal and Process design of fired heaters and combustion systems.
- Carry out sizing calculations for the auxiliary equipment systems and develop data-sheets/specifications
- Remain up to date with the latest technical developments in your fields of expertise.
- Demonstrate, provide and develop appropriate technical solutions for specific project issues
- Provide technical support to business winning activity as required
- Balance commercial and technical risk using acquired commercial acumen
- Seek the opportunity for corporate and project improvement and developing solutions
- Support the Thermal Lead in the delivery of challenging project and client targets using sound technical knowledge
- Support the Thermal Lead in discipline cost and schedule requirements in production of deliverables etc
- Develops a range of engineering deliverables, including specifications, calculations, reports, technical requisitions and others
- Interprets specifications and investigates difficulties
- Reviews vendor documents
- Active participation in design reviews
- Support the Thermal Lead on studies & revamps
- Provide technical input and support to proposals as required
- Ensure Wood and Client Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality procedures are followed and that a high standard of safety is achieved in all associated work
- Support in site commissioning & performance test activities
- Support other global fired heater offices as required toward successful execution of Fired heater projects & studies
Skills / Qualifications
- A successful career path in thermal design /rating of fired equipment in the energy sector with demonstrable expertise in refining, chemicals, oil and gas and/or LNG gained through project execution with a major multi-national contractor
- Experience with software used in the design of Fired Heaters
- Proven Thermal and/or process engineering design experience
- Chemical Engineering degree (minimum)
- Working knowledge of applicable codes and standards
- Flexibility is essential as occasional international travel will be required, usually of relatively short duration, but often with little notice
- A self-motivated, proactive individual with high achievement drive and initiative, excellent verbal and written communication skills and good organisational awareness.
- Demonstration of customer focus and ability to respond to customer needs whilst achieving project and corporate objectives
- Able to communicate clearly verbally and in written form
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.