Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
Under broad direction, manages the U.S. international tax function. This includes U.S. related compliance, provision impacts, audit support, and planning support, including tax reform issues, of foreign operations.
Should be able to demonstrate:
- Technical expertise in US income taxation of international business operations or technical expertise in federal income taxation with a strong interest in developing an expertise in US international tax.
- Technical expertise in US income taxation of corporations, including corporate reorganizations.
- Broad knowledge of accounting for income taxation under US GAAP with more detailed knowledge of the impact of US income taxation of international operations on the tax provision.
- Experience in reviewing business operational activities and accounting records, identifying income tax issues from such review, researching applicable tax law, reaching technical conclusions, and communicating conclusions verbally and in writing.
- Experience in preparing and reviewing relevant tax forms.
- Experience in identifying/developing tax savings opportunities and process efficiencies and managing activities to achieve a successful realization of those opportunities.
- Experience in defending income tax return positions through audits by the Internal Revenue Service.
- Experience in developing relationships and working collaboratively across various departments and areas of the business.
- Successful experience in leading the activities and career development of personnel.
- Requires an undergraduate degree in accounting or related field and 5-10 years related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and competency.
- Advanced degree in accounting, taxation, or law preferred.
- Applicable professional certification preferred.
- Excellent personal communications skills and the ability to work in a team environment are a must.
- Experience using OneSource Income Tax and Tax Provision preferred
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1), their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available including Tax Supervisor- US International Tax, Manager- US International Tax, and Senior Manager- US International Tax roles.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 124596
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Finance
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.