Skills: Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
We are looking for Water Resources/Civil Engineer with greater than 20 years of experience that enjoys the technical & project management aspects in water resources engineering associated with transportation drainage design across the Gulf Coast states. This is an opportunity to expand your career as a senior professional and leader with a growing engineering and environmental consulting operation. The ideal candidate's experience includes PS&E and schematic drainage design to support DOT and municipal transportation projects.
- Perform drainage design and plan production for Schematic & Environmental, PS&E, and other municipal or DOT projects
- Develop technical teams and train and mentor key staff
- Lead, direct and supervise the project teams delivering services on complex and specialized major transportation projects per the contractual documents, contract documents, procedures, specifications and manuals
- Assist business leaders with proposal efforts and contract negotiations including but not limited to terms & conditions, scope, and budget.
- Effectively convey proposed work efforts and project results in technical documents, interviews, and oral presentations.
- Direct project team within contract and scope terms, monitor subcontractor compliance with contracts.
- With assistance from business leaders, develop project scope, schedule, and budgets.
- Monitors and manage project and task management in compliance with contractual, quality, and financial commitments.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in Civil or Agricultural Engineering or related engineering field
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in the State of Texas, ability to obtain Kansas PE within 6 months of hire
- >20 years' experience in transportation and drainage design
- Preferred Software experience:
- USACE HEC Programs (HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, etc)
- Demonstrated success in the delivery of transportation projects and programs
- Knowledge of engineering and construction contract terms and conditions
- Good technical writing and communication skills.
- Possess an extensive understanding of engineering and construction standards and practices
- Must pass a drug screen, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.