Skills: Electrical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Would you enjoy assembly of electronic and mechanical components?
Are you interested in moving into Oil and Gas?
Join our team of specialist technicians and ensure the production of first and best in class gauges
We are the leader in well construction and production. Our innovative physical and digital solutions improve efficiency, production and maximize reservoir value. The creation of gauges are vital to our organisation and you can be part of this pivotal team.
Partner with the best
Get involved in the manufacturing of gauges using various techniques including soldering, electric and mechanical techniques.
As an Electronic Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Performing high and low level temperature soldering
- Familiarising yourself with a multitude of tools and how to use them
- Identifying and reading values of common electronic components
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints, and electronic schematics
- Soldering and wire crimping skills
- Pressure testing of gauge
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- A Higher National Diploma, Certificate or formal study in a relevant academic field would be beneficial, but not essential
- Have some experience in a similar capacity of assembly and soldering
- Be interested and enthusiastic in developing your technical skills within electronics
- Will have a keen sense of health and safety practice in the workplace
- Be organized, methodical and solution oriented while working to a high quality level
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive. Take advantage of condensed hours and enjoy an early finish each and every Friday.
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.