Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Wood Power & Process Group is seeking an experienced Structural Engineer to join our Structural Engineering team.
Opportunity to work from St. John's, Newfoundland or Dartmouth, Nova Scotia or Fredericton, New Brunswick.
This role will be responsible for successful delivery of design in steel structures and concrete foundations. This includes structural steel and reinforced concrete superstructures for buildings, building and equipment foundations, pipe racks and other miscellaneous structures.
- Prepare conceptual and detailed design calculations
- Prepare engineering reports, specifications, design criteria and construction scope of work documents
- Carry out feasibility studies and prepare reports
- Respond to RFIs from contractors and resolve field problems
- Site visits and inspections as needed. Sometimes travelling to remote sites may be required.
- Preparation of quantity estimates
- Coordinate with other team members, vendors, contractors and clients
- Coordinating preparation of drawings with designers and checking of drawings
- Work in a multi-disciplinary environment and co-operate with other team members
Skills / Qualifications
- B Sc. in Civil/Structural Engineering and Professional Engineering designation in the Province of New Brunswick
- 7-10 years of relevant experience including Civil and Structural design is preferred
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Experience in buildings, foundations, and steel structures
- Proven project management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Staad.Pro
- Must be able to work independently and with others on multiple projects
- Work as part of a multi-discipline design team
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.