Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Wood is seeking a Telecommunications Manager for Canada, preferable in Ontario, but alternative locations will be considered. This individual will be responsible for managing the projects and project teams, being the client interface for the engineering services, installations, and maintenance of telecommunications systems projects in Canada. The ideal candidate will have a robust background in the telecommunications industry, preferably in the new site build construction, 5G site construction, LTE site construction and small cells.
- Support Upper Management by tracking project objectives, resource loading, and timelines.
- Support Upper Management on continuous improvement initiatives and oversee process improvement teams.
- Build, manage and motivate all members of the team.
- Communicate project status reports to the customer and executive leadership team including risk assessments and mitigation plans.
- Manage fast track, large-scale multifaceted telecommunications projects with emphasis on A&E, civil, electrical, antenna and line construction.
- Manage daily calls and deliverables from multiple vendors to review projected forecasts for the day/week for construction starts, completions and rejections.
- Ensure daily/weekly reporting to client is accurate and on track.
- Oversee a Quality Control group.
- Review vendor true ups and closeout process.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in business management, engineering, computer science, electronics or related field from four-year college or university or equivalent industry experience.
- 10+ years of experience in wireless deployment projects to include sales support and project management.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be insurable under the company insurance policy.
- Strong and Lengthy Experience with various municipalities including all A&E, Planning, Zoning, Permitting and Site Development requirements.
- Must have solid work experience in budgeting, operational planning, and leadership development.
- Preferred experience in the new site build construction, 5G site construction, LTE site construction and small cells.
- Previous experience working with the Utility Companies is a Plus.
- Experience with the design/permitting of wireless equipment.
- Define the scope of project in collaboration with senior leadership.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and provide quick and accurate course correction.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and to work on call schedule.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.
The Qualities You Possess:
- Proven time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communicator, communicating clearly and often.
- Driven to succeed, and able to work flexible hours and under pressure.
- Independent work style and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.