Skills: Construction Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: OffShore North Sea, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for an offshore field construction engineer that will provide construction engineering & design support to construction activities across the two platforms within the client's portfolio.
The Field Construction Engineer (FCE) will report to the Modifications & Construction Manager. The FCE will have a key interface with the Construction Team Leader (CTL) to provide construction engineering support during the implementation of projects, modifications, repair and remedial works. The FCE will also work closely with the Platform Operations, Maintenance, Integrity & Engineering teams on and offshore.
The ideal candidate will assist with general platform assistance such as responding to pipework failures and structural integrity issues and advise on available repair options and methods. They will be responsible for Completion of Platform Repairs. Raise Work Orders, prepare site design sketches, compile job packs, request onshore fabrications, order materials, carry out final punch where necessary and close out. They will also be responsible for MoC / Surveys in which they will liaise with onshore engineering, projects & operations groups to complete surveys, answer queries during work pack development, review construct-ability, support installation phase, raise and issue punch list on completion of piping and structural systems, produce Handover Certificate on job completion and return work pack onshore with relevant as-built drawing mark-ups. During Platform TAR/Shutdowns they will be looking at preparation justification sheets for tasks to be included in the schedule, Compile TAR/Shutdown Job packs, order materials, identify pre-TAR/Shutdown Hot Bolting Requirements review process isolations, compile spading schedules and advise on planning, manpower and support services.With regards to pressure testing they will Compile Test Packs, maintain the Offshore Test Register, witness hydrotests, prepare documentation, confirm reinstated as per drawings and to specification, handover final documentation to QA Engineer, manage records and certification for hydrotest equipment. From a planning perspective they will assist in planning of construction tasks, preparation of man-hour estimates, provide feedback on the progress of ongoing work and produce detailed plans for individual tasks if required. Finally they will be responsible for Vendor Coordination which will include specialist vendor requirements and coordinate between platform departments and specialist vendors.
This will be an offshore rotation position and will be a 2/3 rota. Previous offshore experience is essential as is current and in-date offshore certification.
Skills / Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have the below set of skills.
- Minimum of an HNC in Mechanical Engineering.
- Proven track record of providing engineering design and construction services.
- Direct experience in the construction of offshore oil and gas production facilities and Brownfield Modifications.
- Experience in the preparation of work scopes / work orders and the ordering of materials.
- Proficient in the preparation of site design sketches.
- Must have thorough knowledge of engineering practices, calculation methods, design details, international codes and standards, procedures, and specifications. (ASME, API, ANSI, ASTM etc).
- Be well versed and have good understanding in the use of piping specifications and be able to interpret vendor specifications where necessary.
- Experience in the review of engineering studies, design drawings, documents, and material & equipment specifications and datasheets.
- Being able to resolve specialty related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes, and standards.
- Competent in the preparation of activity planning.
- Self-motivated and able to work
- Good team and interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Must be flexible and able to adjust priorities according to operational demands.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.