Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Roswell, Georgia, United States
Wood is seeking an experienced mid level Structural Engineer to join our team in Roswell, Georgia or Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 5 years of relevant structural engineering experience.
The Engineer will be responsible for specifying and reviewing structural analysis and design calculations for projects within the environmental equipment division. In addition, the Engineer may be required to act as the engineering lead on projects and interface with the project management team on a regular basis.
- Prepare structural engineering specifications
- Review structural calculations and structural designs prepared by other engineers
- Review and interpret code requirements and customer specifications
- Interact with other professionals, clients, and contractors
- Coordinate elements of projects with management team and other departments
- Travel to client locations for meetings
- Review and approve shop drawings
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- 5+ years experience in civil/structural engineering
- PE License preferred
- Knowledge of relevant codes (AISC, ASCE, AWS, ASME, IBC, etc.)
- Knowledge of platework design preferred (baghouses, ductwork, FGD vessels, etc.)
- Proficiency in STAAD.Pro or other structural analysis software preferred
- Familiarity with MicroStation, AutoCAD, or other design software
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as perform routine work with minimal supervision
- Authorization to lawfully work in the United States without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.