Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Planner / Scheduler . Reporting to the Manager of Project Services, this position is located at our Mining & Minerals office in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Assist project planning, development, maintenance and/or regular updates of multi-level, resource loaded EPCM schedule for all phases of the assigned projects
- Interact with project management, team leads, clients, contractors, supply chain and construction regarding planning and scheduling activities
- Thorough understanding of the contract, scope of work, estimate and supply chain / contracting plan for assigned projects
- Facilitate early planning sessions with project teams and clients
- Report project progress from Primavera P6, and produce progress and quantity S-curves and analysis
- Extract resources and quantities from the estimate and load into the schedule
- Implement and maintain Earned Value / Progress Tracking system
- Maintain thorough understanding of company policies, procedures, and methodologies relevant to Planning / Scheduling discipline
- Contribute to on-going improvements and developments in work methodology and software for scheduling and work progress measurement
- Review work of other planners/schedulers and perform schedule integrity checks
- Prepare and conduct presentations of schedule methodologies and principles to other departments
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from a recognized institution or Technical Diploma.
- More than 10 years of experience in performing senior level planning and scheduling experience in an EPCM environment together with related construction field experience, preferably in mining
- Strong oral and written communication as well as inter-personal and presentation skills
- Strong working knowledge of Primavera P6
- Hands on knowledge of schedule risk analysis software such as Primavera Risk analysis would be an asset
- Additional experience in project reporting, cost control, procurement, contract administration, and construction management support would be considered an asset
- Authorization to work lawfully in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.