Would you like to shape the future of energy technology? Do you enjoy being part of a successful team? Partner with the best
You will be instrumental in our mission to make energy safer, cleaner and more efficient through intelligent technologies. You will be part of Technology and Improvement team for Module Construction based in Avenza plant.
You will manage welding projects, supervise welding personnel, and you will involve with planning and preparation activities combining practical welding work with higher-level technical duties.
During the first months You will be part of Innovation Organization, inside Advance Manufacturing Engineering Welding team, performing training on the job on welding technologies and Company products.
As a Welding Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Designing welding process and manufacturing routines to guide production and welding personnel relating to fabricated components/structures, pre- and post-heating requirements which involve use of various materials and welding processes, welding of critical joints, complex construction requirements and inspection feasibility.
- Writing/reviewing technical documents for fabricated components, like project/job dedicated welding specifications and NDE procedure, based on Company General Specifications
- Developing practical and innovative ways to improve welding & NDE technologies for better quality and higher productivity.
- Preparing technical reports
- Directing and coordinating technical personnel in performing inspections to ensure workers' compliance with established welding procedures, restrictions, and standards
- Contacting personnel of other agencies, engineering personnel, clients or suppliers to exchange ideas, information, and offer technical advice concerning welding matters.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have an Engineering (or equivalent) Master's degree or Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, with proven industry manufacturing, assembly or test direct experience
- Be International Welding Engineer/Technologist certified and Level II certification for main NDE methods. Additional certification such as Welding Inspector are appreciated.
- Demonstrate ability to lead programs/projects
- Show strong oral and written communication skills both in Italian and English
- Display strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Show effective problem identification and solution skills
- Demonstrate initiative to stay abreast of technology advancements
- Demonstrate success in a cross-functional team environment
Work in a way that works for you
- Excellent motivation skills, being both self-motivated & self-directed with ability to deliver outcomes to strict deadlines
- Capability for problem solving, with the ability to take a logical route to the source of an error
- Ability to rapidly understand and learn new technical concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English with demonstrable record of presenting technical details to a non-technical audience
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other. Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you!
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.