Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer. With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply. We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.Overview
The Investment Analysis Consultant - Downstream is a key advisor to Corporate management, as well as other organizations within the company, on various financial and economic issues related to the company's oil downstream capital program. Downstream business encompasses oil refining, chemical, fuels distribution, retail and marketing sectors. As different business units develop their capital plans, the Downstream Consultant will evaluate the economic attractiveness of the projects, risks associated to the projects, and impact on the portfolio of investments of the Company.Key Responsibilities
- Conduct reviews of industry business developments, trends and economics. Utilize, adjust and maintain economic evaluation models for downstream projects.
- Provide analysis, evaluation and interpretation in support of projects, processes, and financing related to Saudi Aramco capital investment decisions in the oil downstream sector.
- Evaluate the economics of complex downstream project proposals, including joint venture and/or acquisitions.
- Represent the company at relevant internal and external conferences and seminars, preparing and delivering presentations on subjects related to downstream industries.
- Build and maintains strong relationships with consultancies, industry experts, and best-in-class companies, keeping abreast of oil downstream market developments which could impact the company's competitive performance.
- Benchmark the company's performance and related processes, practices and technologies against relevant companies in the region and around the world.
- Review and approve Downstream projects - do the economic analysis. Strong experience in downstream value chain.
- Support projects and provide evaluation and pricing matters (i.e., how pricing, margin works in the value chain).
- Ad hoc analysis, i.e., how to react to demand due to COVID.
- Operations and business awareness in Downstream (Chemicals experience is useful).
- Review business cases for capital investments. Analyze Excel spreadsheets and also see the bigger picture.
- Strong understanding and experience in how the pricing is done in Downstream.
- Analyze business investment plans. Strong personality with excellent communication skills.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Financial Management or closely related discipline; advanced degree is highly desirable.
• Must have steadily advanced his/her professional competence in areas of expertise through personal study, relevant and expanding work experiences, seminars, professional contacts and extension courses.
• Must have 15+ years' relevant, progressive experience in the oil refining, chemicals, distribution and marketing industry, including at least five years' experience in a planning function related to the oil downstream business.
• Mastery understanding of the economic and business factors related to the oil downstream industry with proven success applying that knowledge in the evaluation of business opportunities.
• Solid understanding of downstream projects necessary to conduct insightful economic analysis of capital investments.
• In-depth understanding of various modeling techniques and methodologies related to economic analysis and planning.
• Proven ability to effectively communicate what are frequently complex technical and commercial concepts in a clear and succinct manner to individuals and groups from diverse professional backgrounds.
• Capable of recognizing and reconciling conflicting views and interests across large, complex organizations.
• Must have a proven ability to quickly build and maintain positive, effective networks with internal and external stakeholders of all organizational levels.
• Must have a proven ability to develop a positive, effective and collaborative rapport with corporate management, co-workers, and stakeholders using tact and diplomacy.
• Must have demonstrative ability to effectively coach and mentor multi-national junior staff. Working environment
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.