Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Reading, England, United Kingdom
Wood is searching for a Graduate Process Engineer for our Reading and Staines-based Graduate Programme, starting in September 2022.
What we offer:
- Technical challenge - develop your core and specialised process engineering skills to a world-leading standard.
- Excellence - Work at a centre of technical excellence for an international company which leads and supports projects executed across Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
- Recognition/prestige - Wood is globally regarded as a leading premium engineering and design firm. Ranked Number 1 International design firm by Engineering News-Record (2019).
Building on our worldwide reputation for technical excellence, we're united by our passion for creating a sustainable future. In addition to the conventional sectors, you can expect to become involved in:
- Carbon Capture: Industrial clusters, concept development to detailed engineering.
- Hydrogen: blue hydrogen (w/CCS), green hydrogen, ammonia/hydrogen economy innovation.
- Future of hydrocarbons: adapting existing facilities and designing ambitious new projects, to produce the next generation of lower carbon fuels and chemicals.
Our structured Graduate Programme has developed successfully over many years and was re-accredited by the Institution of Chemical Engineers in 2021.
The deadline for applications is Friday 4 th February 2022.
Key Elements of the Graduate Programme:
As a Graduate Process Engineer, you will be involved in undertaking process design activities on our current projects:
- Variety in projects, requiring highly adaptable and naturally curious/inquisitive individuals.
- Undertaking calculations for heat and material balances, hydraulics, equipment sizing and safety related devices as well as preparing documents and drawings such as Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), Equipment Specifications and Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs).
- Exposure to the Safety and Environmental aspects of process design work.
- Accredited Company Training Scheme with the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE)
- Structured training with regular development reviews for the first two years
- Assigned buddy, mentor (Chartered Engineer) and departmental manager to ensure you are supported in your personal and professional development to gain chartered status.
- Early technical responsibility and hands-on involvement on projects alongside supportive experienced engineers.
- Supportive Graduate Community, opportunity to become involved in the Wood Early Careers Network.
- Opportunities to enhance non-technical skills by contributing towards our Science, Technology, Engineering, and Maths (STEM) scheme, industry days and work experience programme.
- Opportunities for site placements and visits in the UK and overseas (when available)
- Rotations (where available) into other relevant disciplines to enhance your knowledge and experience.
- Competitive salary.
- Access to a range of excellent employee benefits.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 2:1 degree to MEng level in a Chemical Engineering-related discipline, which must be an IChemE accredited degree course
- Enthusiasm to work and develop your career in Process Engineering
- Demonstrate initiative, tenacity and excellent communication skills
- Possess an ability to learn quickly and be adaptable and flexible to match business requirements
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary team environments
- Must have the right to work in the UK
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.