Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Slidell, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Sparrows Group are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join our team in Slidell on a permanent basis. The position will perform data entry, initial setup and closure of jobs, and generate invoices/credit memos for the US division of Sparrows Offshore, LLC. The position will work closely with project managers to reduce Aged WIP and increase invoice activity, work with AP to enter receipts for processing, and assist in collections as needed. This position will perform other duties necessary to help the Finance team meet its deadlines.
• Open jobs upon submission of all proper documentation by approved requestors.
• Generate and submit Invoices/Credit Memos upon job completion as requested.
• Close jobs once completed after ensuring all cost is accounted for and the job has been invoiced.
• Labour entry for direct hourly and direct salary personnel.
• Entry of miscellaneous receipts as needed.
• Generating weekly WIP Aging reports and submitting to project managers for review prior to weekly WIP meeting with branch managers.
• Enter Vendor Invoices by matching with PO receivers or proper GL coding in batches to be approved by Senior AP Specialist
• Maintain account payable filing system.
• Creating and/or maintaining Excel spreadsheets.
• Assist with month end close reconciliations and related reporting.
• Other administrative and accounting projects and tasks as assigned.
• Know and understand Sparrows Offshore' Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality System manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
• Understand and comply with all Safety and Environmental requirements.
• Perform all other duties as required by Supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent.
• Previous relevant experience.
• Good communication skills, both oral and written.
• Attention to detail.
• Computer literate/knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel software.