Skills: Pipe Inspection / NDT
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is recruiting an experienced Pipe Stress Engineer to join our Operations business in Perth, Wester n Australia. This role will be on an initial 12-month contract, with an option for extension.
Wood's Operations APAC (West) business delivers brownfields engineering, procurement, construction, optimisation and technical services to the Oil & Gas sector and enjoys long-term partnerships with the region's most prominent producers located in Western Australia, Northern Territory, Kazakhstan, and Sakhalin.
In this role, you will be part of a busy project team delivering brownfields Oil & Gas projects within the engineering group for our various clients. R eporting to the regional piping/mechanical lead engineer you will be w orking across FEED /Execution to EPCM delivery, this role will be Wood office-based, with potential secondments into the client office.
- Responsible for the provision of piping engineering services in support of project scope delivery
- Development of project estimates and input to the project scope of works
- Ensuring that all activities/deliverables are completed in accordance with the required international codes and client standards/procedures
- Checking/approving of design and engineering deliverables
- Interfacing with other disciplines and providing piping input to their design deliverables.
- Input to project risk registers defining key risks to the start-up of the overall project and design development
- Liaising with clients to present/resolve technical queries and ensure compliance, when required
- Attendance at project workshops, i.e. design reviews, HAZID, HAZOP, risk reviews, constructability reviews
At Wood you will join an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds and recognised industry innovators, partnering to create new possibilities.
Join us in the heart of Perth's CBD at Dexus Place - 240 St Georges Terrace, free 24/7 access to an exclusive onsite gym, superb end of trip facilities, coffee machines serving on demand and plenty of spaces to get creative. In addition, you will have access to remote and flexible working options, purchased annual leave and employee discount programs.
Skills / Qualifications
You must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
Suitably qualified in Mechanical Engineering from a recognised institution, ideally you will have:
- 3+ years' experience in the Piping field in Australia
- Oil and Gas brownfields engineering experience
- Conceptual, Front End and Detailed Design experience
- Field experience in construction and commissioning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solutions focussed with proven experience in client facing role
What will set you apart will be your experience in detailed design from concept to implementation and knowledge of relevant design codes/standards.
It takes a diverse and inclusive community of inquisitive minds to unlock tomorrow's solutions to the world's most critical challenges.
Wood encourages Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply.
If you're an experienced Pipe Stress Engineer, ready for your next project, then we're keen to hear from you today. Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity for 2022!
** Office Closure: Please note the Perth office is closed from 24 December 2021 - 09 January 2022. Please expect a delay in response to your application. **
Shortlisting will commence immediately after.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.